Thursday, December 10, 2009

My favorite websites

One of the sites that I check regularly for up to date information on college admissions trends is "The Choice" on the New York Times website. It has great information for parents and students.

Today's site has the following piece on Marilee Jones, formerly of MIT. I have always admired Ms. Jones' take on the admissions hysteria. Check it out:
http://thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/07/a-second-act-for-a-former-admissions-dean/

The Choice: A Second Act for a Former Admissions Dean
Published: December 7, 2009
A former admissions dean at M.I.T. who resigned in disgrace is back at work advising college applicants and their parents.

My favorite quote? “In their worrying about college, a lot of parents lose touch with who their kids are,’’ she said. “I want them to fall in love with the child again.’’

That really says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment