Thursday, September 30, 2010

Software to check for plagiarized essays....

The WP Answer sheet: The new risk of plagiarizing college essays
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/college-admissions/the-dangers-of-plagiarizing-co.html

I have to laugh, because several of my students have either finished or are in the throes of finishing up their essays. It is a difficult process because the essay supposed to be personal, and is very different from one that you would write for school. I tell my students to write the story only they could tell, and that when I am done, I want to be able to close my eyes and picture them in front of me. How that could happen if the essay is plagiarized is beyond me! Writing the essay should be a process of discovery, and not something that gets copied off the internet!


No comments:

Post a Comment